Sunday, September 30, 2007

Friday I'm In Love

I just wanted to say thank you to Robert Smith of The Cure. I had been trying to get the whole days of the week thing through to my unschooled kids who, seemingly, have no sense of time except for Saturdays and Sundays (which mean vigil or regular Mass) and Monday which means school for 2 of my 3 kids. But the rest of the week just melds together. Oh, but not anymore, because Autumn and Ben have been listening to The Cure Galore cd in my car; and they love Friday I'm in Love. The lyrics repeat themselves alot but here's one stanza:

I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's gray and Wednesday's too
Thursday's I don't care about you;
It's Friday I'm in Love.
Saturday...wait,
Sunday always comes to late,
but Friday never hesitates.

All of that is put to the catchy new wave stylings of The Cure (a favorite band of mine) and you have yourself a way to teach the days of the week painlessly and fun.
Take that worksheets!!

1 comment:

Leonie said...

Ooh, some of my kids love The Cure!! We also like The Clash - do you like them?