Friday, November 16, 2007

Autumn Rocks!


And I am actually not referring to my daughter, Autumn, who does , in fact, rock. I mean the season (which is the reason we named our daughter Autumn). Atlanta has just exploded in Autumnal colors these last few days. I had to go to the doc today because this icky cold actually turned into an ear infection. I am a grown up, I didn't think that could happen. Anyway, I took the scenic route (aka local roads) to the docs because it is just soooooo beautiful out. It is sunny and 50 degrees. I think the 50's are my favorite temperature. I love it cool. Actually, I really love it cold and snowing, but living in the southeast doesn't always give me that. I will have to start praying for snow while I am praying for rain. Hey, maybe that is how we will get over this drought...by having a blizzard. That would be awesome!

You see, I was born in Long Island, New York in a little (very happening) town called Southampton. My parents moved to Palm Beach county Florida when I was 8. Pretty much ruining my little life at the time. I loved my small town, and hated the big, perpetually hot city. I also desperately missed the 4 seasons. I lived for 20 years in south Florida until I was able to escape by getting married. To this day, sunny, hot weather with palm trees doesn't make me swoon. Though I do love the ocean, as Southampton is a beach town. My idea of a vacation is to go back to Southampton, or Alaska, Scotland, and maybe Iceland...in the Fall or Winter.

Well, it is time for me to hit the pharmacy and get my meds. I need to get better by Thanksgiving because we are always the host family.

Peace,

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I was born in Palm Beach county and lived there until I was about 11. We lived in Lake Worth, just over the line from Palm Springs. I've lived in Charleston SC ever since. I have to say I prefer it here.

Wendy@WMF
http://wendyfairfull.typepad.com/wmf/