Sunday, November 11, 2007

Cleaning out my purse.


Robert has me devising a budget. He named me QuADD a long time ago...and rightly so. BTW, QuADD stands for Queen of Attention Deficit Disorder (don't forget to add hyperactivity in there too...I'm always goin' a mile a minute). I digress...back to the point. So, Robert wants me to make a budget. This is something I am not good at and loathe to do. Well, I have kept ALL receipts in my purse for a month, and now I am going to plug it all into a spreadsheet and see how much damage I actually do in a month. I have to say there were ALOT of Trader Joes receipts . However, I found this beautiful prayer card (not a picture, but the words)which the very first priest I went to confession to gave to me. His name was Fr.Frank. I really liked him. He is in a different parish now, but once he sang a Simon & Garfunkle song during his homily and it was awesome. Okay, okay I'm digressing again (do you not see the QuADDness). Here's the text on the card:


My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not actually mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am
doing. I hope that I will never doing anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore, willI trust you always, though I may seem to be lost in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.

+Thomas Merton+~Thoughts in Solitude~

Okay, so back to my budgeting. BTW, Andrew took the picture of Jesus at my mother's grave.

No comments: