Friday, March 28, 2008

Warrior Cats


So, in my never ending quest to find novels to read aloud to Autumn, we finally found something really cool. It's a whole series of books called Warriors. This website will tell you all you need to know. At first, I passed on it, because Autumns was given one of the books. However, it was smack in the middle of the series (we didn't know that) and we didn't know what was going on. Two nights ago she was telling me how her bff , Morgan, was telling her about the story, when they last visited. So, Tum and I looked it up on Amazon and realized, if we were going to get into this story, we'd better start from the beginning.

Today I have read the first 4 chapters to Autumn and it is great. The reviews at Amazon gave all the books in the series, so far, 5 stars. What we love is that it is about cats. It's reminiscent of Watership Down, except it's about cats. Well, we LOVE cats. So, we are really enjoying this book. Of course, I love reading to Autumn, but my prayer is that someday she will take off reading on her own. I figure if I keep reading to her, eventually it will happen. Clearly, she already loves books...so that is just fine with me.

~Peace

2 comments:

Wendy said...

My 12 year old daughter, Katherine, is obsessed with the Warrior books. Actually obsessed is putting it mildly. She breathes, eats, and sleeps warriors.
We will soon be starting them as read alouds, because the pre readers in the house want in on the action.

Wendy@WMF

MaggieClitheroe said...

I am sorry to disappoint you about that pic, but I just looked up some more info on it (being an art restorer, and in England, I felt I needed to know more!). I'm afraid it is not of Margaret Clitherow, but of Margaret (More) Roper,(1505 - 1544) the daughter of Saint Thomas More, who married Will Roper. Apparently it was painted on a playing card too!! It is interesting how similarly the two ladies seem to be dressed though, isn't it?
Still, I'll definitely be praying for Maggie to intercede for your special intention - no sour grapes here that she didn't do it for me (ha ha) - I'm 48 next month, and wanted to have 6 children, but the Good Lord in His Wisdom left us with one! I have to keep repeating the prayer, "Not my will but Thine be done, O most loving Jesus".