Friday, August 22, 2008

Ice Skating

First, I have to brag. I know so many parents who can brag about their kids. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. When they do, they have good reason. I never think I have any good reason. But I do now.  Autumn may not be reading at grade level or doing math at grade level either, but her first skating lesson resulted in her being moved up a class.  She's only skated twice before the class, but the coach thinks she is a fast learner.  I have always said that Autumn is my 'Jock' her body just gets anything she tries to make it do. 

Today I took her to the public skate session and I joined her on the ice. The first and last time I tried to ice skate was when I was her age, 8. Then we moved to Florida from New York and I never got an opportunity again. Today I got out there, convinced I would fall all over the place, but by the time we needed to leave I was skating really well around the rink.  I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!!!

No comments: