Sunday, August 17, 2008

Walking to Church

I actually went to bed at 10:30 last night. Amazing for insomniac me.  So, when the pupster woke up at 7 I was ready to take him for a walk, unlike yesterday where I slid down the last half of the stairs with him. I think I was too sleepy to know where I was. Well, when I got to the end of the stairs on my ass I sure knew where I was. But I digress. Since it is very cool and nice outside I think I will walk the 3 miles to church for 9 am Mass which means I better get crackin and leave.

Teev had his first puppy training class last night. We were the only ones to sign up for that time slot so it's personal training for the group price....COOL!  The trainer was really impressed with the work we have already been doing with him. Yes, folks, after three untrained children I will not be dropping the ball with the dog!! Tivo learned last night the command , "Look at me."  We also learned "sit" (which Autumn had already taught him just wonderfully) and "release" which is to come out of the sitting position. The trainer said it lays the foundation for "stay" later. 

Oh, and this is the best part, Autumn now has a cheek length bob haircut. She's been wanting it short forever, but My Hunny likes long hair on his daughter. Interestingly, My Hunny loves me with a chin length bob, but with The Girlie it is a princess thing...I think. Anyway, she was spending the night at Morgan's house when she got a little round brush stuck in her hair. Of course, rather than asking her Godmother, Lisa (Morgan's mom) to help her get the brush out, My Girlie took matters into her own hands and cut the darn thing out. The other up side is that she has 10 inches of hair to donate to Locks of Love, which makes wigs for kids with cancer. So, she is very happy that she could help those kids.

I'll post pics but right now I must "get me to church".

Peace,

2 comments:

Rob said...

Want to take some of my kids to the doggy training class?

It's a constant battle of long vs short hair here. I love long hair on the girls. I win some I lose some.

Sara said...

Did it take longer than you thought, or did you leave late? I thought I saw you at 10:30!

Did you walk the 3 miles home too? Good job!