Tuesday, December 28, 2010

See what happens in Winter.

I'm back. I know, you missed me. Ha! Well, it's cold...and it even snowed on Christmas Day...here in Atlanta. It was awesome. A gift from above. "What is that, Rachel? Did you say, gift from above?  I thought you were really pissed at God." Well, yeah, I was. And I still have stuff to work out with the Big Man Upstairs, but too many of you wrote really wonderful comments. And they got me to thinking. I started thinking about all my blessings, instead of all my perceived curses. And there are so many, that I realized I can't be that spoiled child that I was in my previous post. I actually had this epiphany awhile back, but didn't get around to writing about it until now. Suffice to say that I just had to have a reality check. Life is not perfect, I will not get everything I want, even if it's really 'good' stuff that I want. I am not talking about things here. 

So, yes, I will always have friends who have tons of kids, and I'll wish I were one of them, but have decided to be content knowing that I am not. The upside is I have time to go out to dinner with my Hunny, like we did last night, and know I don't have to get home right away to nurse a baby. Yes, my nest is going to be empty a lot faster than some of my large family friends' are, but I'll find something fun and useful to society to do, when  that time comes. And hopefully, someday soon (well sooner than later), I'll have grandchildren and will be young enough to enjoy them. It's a good thing God is so good and so much bigger and better than I am. He can take all my rantings and ravings and turn them into praising and thanking with the counsel friends, commenters, priests, prayers and, of course, the Mass.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and I hope your 2011 is truly filled with peace, hope, and love. 

~Rach

2 comments:

m.a.l.k.a said...

I had to leave a comment. I saw your a fan of Doctor who and muse both of which I love! I'm adore David and I'm also A HUGE fan of Saturday night live!
I just blogging on this site and I thought I'd get to know people.
Well, I'm really shy except when on the web where I talk nonstop (don't say I didn't warn you) so i got some friends of mine that I've meet online and we posted a blog we are all huge Harry Potter geeks.
Well I better shut up before I bore you.
Liz
P.s If you want to check out our Blog it's called follow the butterflies
Thanks :)

Amanda said...

Just passing through and caught your blog. Very entertaining.
Also noticed how much we have in common: I'm a Jesus lovin', healthy eatin', sci-fi/fan book readin', hard-rock & 80s listenin', all nature lovin', Catholic (religious and other - definition: "addicted to cats").
I think I'll follow you now. I hope I see more.
Have a happy rest of your Winter.