Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Oh if I could only close Pandora's Box.

I have been reading, from all sorts of sources, about Fr. Maciel, and I may be changing my tune about LC/RC. It is absolutely filled with wonderful people,to be sure, but Maciel's deliberate leading of a double life suggests real evil and hunger for power which he used the Church and very faithful people to carry out. It is not enough to say, anymore, that he was a saintly man being persecuted. I was reading St. Paul today, 1 Corinthians. He said said some very tough things about immorality in general and went on to talk further about the condemnation one brings upon themselves taking the Eucharist unworthily. Remember, even Christ told us that the Devil parades as an Angel of Light. To all my friends in RC, be prepared for the coming storm. It's going to be bad.

Instead of sticking one's head in the sand, I suggest these various websites to really investigate further the practices of this 'movement's' heirarchy.


Fr. Berg's letter

Parsing Fr. Berg's Letter

Fr. Alvaro's Letter to RC

Something I Missed

Former Consecrated woman of RC

More on Maciel

Maciel, Saul, Judas

Proper Forgiveness

20 Signs of Trouble

ReGain

Finally, I will end with St.Paul. 1 Corinthians 6:15-20

15Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh."[b] 17But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

 18Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

It is one thing to commit sin and confess and try to do better. We all do that. We have all screwed up. But how truly evil would it be to continue you sin in secrecy. Tell others to keep it secret, and continue to run an organization trying to combat the VERY sins you are willfully committing? To continue in that sin in secrecy, when you are head of an apostolate, and not remove yourself from power,  is beyond scandal. Also remember, if you are Catholic, that we don't believe that a person's sins affect only them, but the whole church. Look at what Maciel's sin is doing to so many. What a travesty!!!

Someone said that LC priests should just become parish priests within their particular diocese and that LC should just be dissovled, as well as RC should be disbanded. I am thinking that may be the best way to go since Maciel had developed such a cult of personality and LC/RC are more synonymous with him than even Christ himself. My 2cents, after my research, which is still ongoing, is to get out of RC if you are in it, while you still can. Oh, and if you have a kid in one of their seminaries, get them out! If they really have a vocation to the priesthood or the religious life, they will find it at any of the other tried and true Orders. 

I know this post may make some angry. However, it's only intent is to make one think.

Peace,

3 comments:

Sara said...

I'm so glad I got out a few years ago, but not before they drove me into depression! I was just saying today that they should completely disband the Legion and send the priests (after careful examination of each and every one!) to suffering dioceses.

It is sickening that he built this "empire" to protect himself. It's a cult; it really is. I hate to think what this will do to many families!

Kathleen said...

Um, remember a few years ago, we had this conversation?

What 12 or 14 year old has a true vocation-- and is encouraged to separate from his/her family and to NOT question authority under any circumstance -- or be made to feel like a failure if their vocation "fails"?

Several dioceses have refused to allow the LC access, and they were branded "liberal messes".

Enough said, because I know and love LOTS of people who are or were involved with RC. Informed participation is my suggestion.

Marie said...

I've not participated with LC nor do I have strong feelings, but just wanted to share this post a friend of mine wrote on the subject. Wonder what ya'll think of it:
http://veniteavedere.blogspot.com/2009/02/test-everything-hold-fast-to-what-is.html