Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ben is reading on his own!

It has taken a long time and a lot of hard work, on his part, and little to do with the public school system, or me (for that matter), but Ben is reading on his own and he's doing well. Ben is 11 and a half. He reads pretty slowly, but he'll only get better with time. He has read me 12 pages of this book,

which he is thoroughly enjoying. I have to say I like the book alot myself. That is a good thing, because prior to this book, he was trying to read BONE and that thing just puts me to sleep.

So, for all those out there who think that if their kid isn't reading at 6 that they are ruined for life, well you are wrong. Kids will read, when they are good and ready to read.

Peace,

1 comment:

Leonie said...

Oh, lovely, a special memory...