Saturday, December 1, 2007

Heading to the Parish Christmas Party

We have never been able to go this party (which is just for adults..woo hoo!)because my husband's work party was always the same night. So, I am really looking forward to this. I actually found something nice to wear, in my closet (that fits!),because it is a dressy affair. I am very much the jeans and sweater girl this time of year.
We also got our tree yesterday. I lit it today. It is so tall, and fat, and beautiful. I will add a pic when I take one. Well, I am off to see very good friends at my wonderful parish and I will get to look and act like a grown up...HOW COOL!
........................time elapsed 4ish hours.................................
Okay, we had fun. Dinner was good. That is what happens when a few of the Knights of Columbus are actual chefs. The band was decent. We both had a chance to chat with a bunch of friends and have our Priest's amazing Irish Coffee. (And yes, he is Irish.) The band played old standards and some Christmas classics. It was fun to see various friends dancing. Some couples we know can really "cut a rug". I won't dance with Robert. There is too much of an 80's New Wave 'clubgirl' in me. I slow danced with Robert at our wedding...that was it. I know it's weird, but I can't do it...I can't. It is so embarassing to me. I didn't slow dance or go out dancing with guys when I was younger. The way I think of dancing is a bunch of friends kind of dancing in the same vicinity of each other but still dancing on their own at the same time. Maybe in 20 years, when I am in my early 60's I'll do it?

What I really did tho, was to prove to my friends, my husband, and myself that I can put on make-up, dress-up, and look really nice. I only have to do it once or twice a year. So there...world...I did it. Now I am happily typing away in my sweats...YEAH! Now I off to read Anne Bronte's Agnes Grey. So far it is really good. I forgot how much I love the books by the Bronte sisters. Below is a link to the Bronte Society.

http://www.lang.nagoya-u.ac.jp/~matsuoka/Bronte.html

Goodnite and God Bless

1 comment:

Kate in NJ said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I'm looking forward to "seeing" your tree. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. It's so nice to "meet"
other homeschoolers.