Sunday, February 3, 2008

He'll Never Wear Sweats to Mass Again

Yesterday Robert wore his LL Bean sweatpants and sweatshirt to Mass. It is a very casual Saturday Vigil Mass and he figured he was fine. I asked him if he was going to wear them, just because he usually wears jeans. But he said he was going as he was and I told him that it didn't matter to me, I was just wondering.

So, we get to church and they are short on Eucharistic Ministers (lay people who have taken a class and become certified to give out the body and blood of Christ after a Priest has consecrated it) and they ask Robert and I to fill in (yes, we are Eucharistic Ministers). Well, you should have seen my Hunny's face! He was mortified that he was dressed in sweats! I was giggling terribly! But it gets better, because it's the Feast of St. Blaise and EM's are also allowed by the Church to help the Priests bless the throats of the parishioners. So, Robert had to get up TWICE during Mass and show off his wonderful attire!

I could not even look at him when we got back to the pew because I kept giggling. What a goofball. Anyway, can I say, that beyond a shadow of a doubt, my sweet Hunny has learned his lesson about slumming it to Mass? YES!

On a side note, I have to say that I am always just filled with love and peace when I get to hand out Our Lord to the faithful...what an amazing privilege. Also, it was REALLY special to bless the throats of the parishioners with the crossed candles. Thankfully, God loves me (and Robert) no matter how we are dressed. We felt very honored.

Okay, well I am now off to CRHP.

~Peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course God loves you regardless of dress, it is a matter of reverence!

Rachel R. said...

Exactly! And my Hunny has certainly learned his lesson.

Rachel