Thursday, February 14, 2008

Vote in '08...nope

Well, unless my candidate Mike Huckabee experiences a miracle, it looks like John McCain (a Democrat in Republican clothing) will get the Republican nomination.  At that rate, it's not going to matter who becomes president.  And you know what,  I am not going to give the Republicans the satisfaction of voting for McCain, because that would be tantamount to my approval of the Republican party moving away from the conservative (social, economic, political) values it was built on.  They can count me out!

I really don't see a lesser of the 3 evils.  So, I may have to bow of the coming presidential election...the first time I will have done that since 1984, when I turned 18 and voted for the first time, for Ronald Reagan (man, how I miss the 80's).  

Go Huck Go!!! Stay in it until the end. Mike, you got my vote in Georgia (and that may be the only vote I cast this year).   Thank you for continuing to give Republicans a choice in these Primaries no matter what the pundits say.  Show the country there are conservatives out there who will not settle for McCain....EVER!

My husband says that if I don't vote for McCain , and Hilary is the nominee, then I'm essentially voting for Hilary.  You know what, I'll write in Huck's name on the ballot.  If Obama is the nominee, I will not vote.  Let history be made and finally the liberals can all shut the heck up about race, coz I am SICK OF IT!

(BTW, When Ann Coulter says she'll support Hilary, if McCain wins the nomination, you know things are bad in the Republican party!) :-)

Now it's time for me to fire up the TiVo and get lost in LOST (my fave show).

~Peace

1 comment:

momof3feistykids said...

Though you and I are different politically, I totally relate to what you are saying. I think we should scrap the electoral college/nomination and give all the candidates an equal chance by popular vote. Otherwise any candidates or issues that don't fit the mainstream political agenda of the moment are just swept aside. People who are concerned about particular issues (like an unborn child's right to life, and many other things) don't have a voice. I hope I am making sense.

I voted for the first time in 1984 too. We must be the same age. :-) I voted for Mondale. Oy, oy, oy! Talk about a wasted vote.

http://tribeofautodidacts.homeschooljournal.net/