Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

I have to say that since my sweet mommy died, almost 8 years ago, I don't much like Mother's Day.  I know that I am a mom...and I love that I am...but I don't need the day for me.  I miss it for my mom.  So, here's to you, my sweet mom in Heaven, I love you and I really miss you.

A great thing today is that I really am committed to being a healthier mom for my kids. I want to be here for as long as possible.  Life is a crapshoot and I could be hit by a truck tomorrow.  However, as far as what I can do to lengthen my life, on my part, I am going to do.  I want to see as many grandchildren as I can.

I got on the scale this morning and I am down another 3 pounds, making my total weight loss of 8 pounds.  I have decided I really want to get  back to my early marriage weight of 135.  That's what I was until Mom died. After was when I started packing on the pounds.  So, as of today I have 25 pounds to go.  I have been using  my treadmill and walking outdoors when the pollen count isn't too terrible.  I think I am going to have to haul out the Bowflex (from the storage room), dust it off, and watch the video on how to use it again.

I am already down a size from 14 to 12, so I am psyched about that...size 8 here I come. 

It was Mother's Day 2000 that was the last Mother's Day I was to have with my Mom.  She died just 5 short months later.  I want more time here than my Mom had so I have to stick with this 'getting healthy' thing so I can stick around.

Have a wonderful day all you Mom pals of mine out there in cyberspace and IRL.  I love you!

~Peace

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Good ! weight loss is always encouraging! Hold on, I will myself do the same ; (
Your playlist, Rachel, is so good. I would stay just for the Music.
Even Alexandra is listening. For once, I'm on the same wavelenghth in a blog, most often I switch off the music.

Leonie said...

Happy Mother's Day! Congrats on the weight loss and I wish you many happy memories..

piscesgrrl said...

I'm sorry you lost your mom. I lost my father 2 years ago (already?!?) and I can still barely talk about it.

Good for you on taking care of yourself too - if those beautiful kids aren't good incentive, nothing is. A belated happy mama's day to you!