Sunday, May 18, 2008

Women's Guild Lunch

Today is the Women's Guild Lunch.  I am a member of the Women's Guild because one of my closest friends is the president.  Rarely do I show for stuff because, well, I like being home watching Smallville and Supernatural (guilty pleasures aka lots of cute guys) with my adorable husband. But today is a luncheon and the speaker is a guy going through the diaconate (heck, I don't know how to spell it so I hope that's right) program in our Archdiocese.

I have always thought my hunny would be a great deacon. Plus, I told him that I would be totally crushing' on him in the vestments, especially if he were giving the homily.  Robert is a FABULOUS speaker.  He is also hysterical, but he knows when to be serious. Speaking of being funny,  I really am hoping he blogs about his bizarre dream of being shot Cheney-style by Mort Kondracke (from Fox News) because it was pretty damn funny.

So, I am dragging myself away from my nice warm bed, with my nice warm snuggly Hunny in it, to find out what it takes to be a Deacon.  The upshot is I will be seeing a bunch of friends and sitting with my IRL buddy Sara from Those That Wonder.  It should be a good time. Oh, and in case you are wondering why I am sleeping in on a Sunday (being the 'good' Catholic that I am) is because I went to vigil Mass yesterday. 

~Peace,
Rach

4 comments:

Catherine said...

So, sweet dreams, Rachel for Sunday. No deacons in it.

momof3feistykids said...

Glad you got to sleep in. :-)

Leonie said...

Hope the lunch and talk was good - lots of yummy food! lol!

Rob said...

My wife wants me to be a deacon too. her reason is that once i am a deacon i can't get re-married if she kicks the bucket first