Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The problem with modern birth.

My birth with my first was like this only it ended up with me being knocked out and c-sectioned. I didn't see Andrew until he was a day old. I love that Monty Python did this so many years ago. I knew a home birth Nurse-Midwife who showed this clip to all of her clients. It's a shame that things really haven't gotten much better. My friend Rebecca, who just had baby Terry (my Godson who is doing a lot better and is home now), went through almost this exact thing a couple of weeks ago. She didn't see Terry for TWO DAYS!! She's still very upset about all of it.  Needless to say, he is having problems nursing now too. Moms need to be protected, supported and loved during labor and delivery...not treated like the least important thing in a room full of expensive dehumanizing machines...that go 'PING!'

1 comment:

Marie said...

Ugh, if only it weren't so true, it would be funny... Ok, well anything with John Cleese *has* to be funny, but you know what I mean.