Saturday, March 8, 2008

Such Stunning Arrogance!

Okay, so anyone who reads this blog knows I am not a Democrat and I don't support Clinton or Obama.  I barely support McCain (but he's all I've got).  However, if I were an Obama supported I would be FURIOUS with Clinton.
I am dumbfounded by her arrogance to suggest that she and Obama would be a force to be reckoned with if he were her Vice Presidential running mate.  I mean, holy cats, HE IS IN THE LEAD  and she has the audacity to  suggest that he be her Vice Presidential pick?  What if Obama was saying this about Clinton?  That maybe she should be his running mate?  She'd be freaking out! She'd be insulted!

I have to admit (and this is horribly sinful, I know) that watching the Democratic Party implode is kinda fun. But I really can't see how this is going to go over well for anyone.  It's true that Obama is leading in both popular vote and delegates,  but it is true that Clinton has won in the states that vote 'blue' on Election Day. Most of the states that Obama has won usually vote 'red' on Election Day.  Then all this talk of super delegates and possible re-dos in Michigan and Florida?  COME ON!  A super delegate in Florida told Bill Bennet on the radio that it would cost 17 MILLION DOLLARS to re-do the primary.  That is INSANITY!  Use that money for something worthwhile, or decide to count the darn votes you already cast...to darn early.  I would be outraged if I still lived in Florida, and as a Republican, knew my tax money was going to go to repeat a primary that the Dems screwed up in the first place, and wasn't going to benefit me in any way.


As my friend Mig always said to her daughters when they were little and embroiled in a fight, "This is going to end in tears."  Well, that is what's going to happen with the Democratic Party...only I think it's going to be worse than tears...there may even be blood.  (I just hope it's Hilary's) 

Sorry, I just couldn't help it.

Oops gotta run SNL is about to come on...it's new....and even THEY are making fun of Hilary...




2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hey, Rachel, I hear ya woman!

And yes, I am getting a bit of a tickle watching them, too. We are Rush Limbaugh fans here and so far he has predicted their behavior to a T.

Yes, if the Clintons have an overload of anything it is audacity.

well, and arrogance.

and also lack of conscience.

and... well, I could go on and on.

enjoy your blog--
Cindy

Mary said...

I'm with you on this.